[pinit count=”horizontal” image_url=”https://lifeisnoyoke.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2-brilliant-ways-to-stay-more-hydrated-during-the-day-v2-750-x-460.jpg” description=”1 Brilliant Trick to Staying Hydrated #noyoke” float=”left”]
First of all, why is this trick to staying hydrated so brilliant? Because, it is:
- Cheap (free if your office has rubber bands)
- Unbelievably effective
How it works
There are five steps in this trick to staying more hydrated, the last of which is by far the best:
- Get the biggest glass you can find. I like Mason jars.
- Get some rubber bands.
- Set a goal for the day; four glasses, for example.
- Place one rubber band for each glass of water you plan to drink. Four rubber bands, in the above example.
- Every time you finish a glass of water, remove a rubber band. Emphatically and dramatically is best.
You will be shocked by how hydrated you stay.
Why it works
You’re forcing yourself to decide early-in-the-day how much water you’re going to drink. Assuming you’re not a night person, the morning is when you have the highest capacity (most energy) for making and committing to decisions like how much water you’re doing to drink. By evening, when you are tired from a long day of being good at your job, you don’t have the capacity to decide how much water you still need to drink. The decision has already been made. By you.
There is incredible satisfaction in ripping-off a rubber band after you’ve finished a giant glass of water. It’s almost like chugging a beer and slamming down the glass. Except this is more work appropriate. Plus, you can easily see your progress throughout the day. Each rubber band is its own milestone.
Ways to drink even more
- Use a straw. You’ll be shocked at how thirsty you really were.
- Avoid ice. Water at room temperature is much easier to drink.
- Add lemon. Makes it tastier and actually can help speed up your metabolism.