Sweet, satisfying and simple this quinoa breakfast recipe is the best. It’s Apple Cinnamon quinoa and it’s well worth making it for the week.
The white quinoa not only tastes great, but looks amazing with red apples and raisins. Also, the almonds and apples give it a nice crunch, so you’re not just spooning orphanage mush.
This apple cinnamon quinoa will get you out of bed. The glorious smell of apples, cinnamon and raisins will are like a warm blanket at your childhood home. Kind of like waking up to fresh brewed coffee. Scent is the strongest scent tied to memory, right?
In addition to getting energy immediately, apple cinnamon quinoa gives you energy that lasts. The protein in quinoa is a perfect first meal to get your metabolism going fast.
Save time with this breakfast quinoa recipe in two ways.
- Use your Vitamix to chop the apples and almonds. No need to manually chop the apples or accidentally chop your fingers. Both are a waste of time.
- Make a giant batch on the weekend and enjoy all week. Just microwave for a minute then throw the yogurt on top.
It’s as good as it looks. Go make some apple cinnamon quinoa tonight.
Apples, cinnamon, quinoa. Hot breakfast with cold yogurt on top. Fantastic...
- apple slicer
- white quinoa - 1 C
- cinnamon - 1 1/2 t
- stevia - to taste (4 or 5 packets)
- apple - 1 WHOLE chopped
- raw almonds - 1/4 CUP (handful)
- raisins - 1/4 CUP (handful)
- greek yogurt - 1/2 C
- Cook quinoa.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop apples and raw almonds (in blender is easiest).
- While quinoa is cooking, mix greek yogurt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a little stevia
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon, stevia, apple, almonds, raisins too cooked quinoa. Mix.
- Add yogurt on top.
- Be happy.