This Bermuda Sorbet, with mango and coconut, is going to change your life
Wow. Just wow.
- The flavor.
- The color.
- The consistency (immediately and from frozen).
Let’s be really clear: This Bermuda Sorbet recipe, with mango and coconut, is going to change your life.
Recipe below. But first, here’s where the name came from.
Why "Bermuda Sorbet" (and not just "mango coconut sorbet")
Most of our Vitamix recipes are quite good. As a group, you won’t find anything better.
But this recipe? This sorbet?
It’s like when record producers hear a song and know immediately it’s going to be a hit. A hit!
So we needed a name that matches. Not just mango coco sorbet.
Feels nice, right?
Why Bermuda (and not “Poolside” or “Caribbean” or “Tropical”)
So I googled “where do mangoes come from?”
Bermuda?!? That sounds so seductive.
Please be a good fit for the name of this sorbet.
- Capital city is Hamilton. It’s not Alexander, but still. Hamilton is the best! And this sorbet is the best!
- Climate is humid subtropical. Mild winters and lovely summers. Translation: wonderful year round. Same with this sorbet!
- Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory. We’ve been wanting to connect with our friends in the UK for a while now. Great!
- Amazing beaches. Yes, this sorbet’s flavor is like the beach.
- Mangoes and coconuts grow there. Perfect.
- The Beach Boys sang about Bermuda. (And now, you’ll think of this sorbet and us whenever you hear that song! Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama!
This Bermuda Sorbet is going to be a hit. Bigger than our famous queso.
Go make a batch today.
The best Vitamix sorbet on the planet (featuring mango and coconut)
- mango (frozen) - 2 cups (186 g)
- coconut cream - 1 cup (240 mL)
- coconut milk (frozen in cubes) - 1 cup (217 g)
- ice - 2 cups (434 g)
- Pour a can of coconut milk into ice cube trays
- Allow to freeze overnight
- Add all ingredients into Vitamix container
- Ramp from variable speed 1 to 10
- Use tamper to push ingredients from corners into blade
- Blend on high until smooth (1-2 minutes)
- Scoop into serving dish
- Top with your favorite toppings
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
- If saving for later, pre-scoop and freeze
- Allow 5 min of thaw time before serving scoops
Useful tips for Bermuda Sorbet
Coconut Cream and Coconut Milk are different ingredients. If you can’t find the cream, coconut milk will do, it’s just a little less creamy 🙂
And finally, you should get a consistency that looks like this. Remember, you’ll need the tamper initially. But it should process without your help for the last bit. (Hoping to make a video and upload it to our YouTube channel soon.)