Took Bubbie’s famous recipe and made it healthy. Just as sweet. Just as savory. Just as good.
We had it for four dinners in a row.
- ground turkey - 1 lb
- egg whites - 1/4 CUP
- multi grain chips - 3 CUPS ground
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- yellow onion - 1 WHOLE
- garlic - 1 WHOLE head
- olive oil - 1/4 CUP
- tomato juice - 64 oz
- chicken broth - 24 oz
- stevia - lots and lots
- lemon juice - 2 TBSP
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- garlic - 1/2 tsp
- cabbage - 3/4 of WHOLE
- Add some olive oil to medium hot frying pan
- Mix ground turkey, egg whites, ground multi grain chips, salt, pepper in bowl.
- Add small pieces in rectangular shape to pan
- Flip pieces once one side has cooked and can hold piece together
- (Optional) I broke the pieces in half while they were cooking considering how big I would want one piece of meat to be on my spoon.
- Chop onion and garlic (I use my blender because it takes two seconds and I don’t end up crying or smelling like garlic)
- Add olive oil to medium heat dutch oven (big soup pan thingy)
- Add chopped onion and garlic to large medium heat dutch oven pan and cook until golden brown
- Chop cabbage in small squares (about 1 inch x 1 inch). Be careful cause fresh cabbage is not easy to cut. Make sure you have a sharp knife and are using good chopping technique
- Add everything to the dutch oven (meat, cabbage, onions, garlic, and all the rest) and simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes. For more tender cabbage, let simmer for another hour.
- Add salt or stevia to taste.