Similar to a McDonald’s Shamrock Shake, this St. Patrick’s day drink is sweet, minty and green. The Clover Shake, however, is incredibly healthy. Simple and quick, this Irish-themed dessert is great for your March morning routine.
The secret to the Clover Shake is the subtle caramel flavor. The carmel flavor comes from stevia, cocoa and a little olive oil. And, you will not crash shortly after. Why? Because there is zero added sugar. Moreover, unlike McDonald’s Shamrock Shake, the Clover Shake has zero corn syrup.
With any St. Patty’s Day drink, there is mint. Add just enough so you know it’s there. But not so much that it’s overwhelming. The balance is delicate. A couple fresh mint leaves seems to be right.
Take pleasure in enjoying a Clover Shake. And enjoy feeling energized, fit and attractive after.
A healthy take on a Shamrock Shake. Welcome back Spring!
- liquid pasteurized egg whites - 1 CUP
- almond milk (vanilla) - 1 CUP
- mint - 2 LEAVES (add more to taste)
- lime juice - 2 T (or about half fresh squeezed lime)
- cocoa powder - 1/2 t
- frozen banana - 1 WHOLE
- mixed greens - 1 CUP (adds nutrients and color)
- vanilla extract - 1 T
- stevia - A LOT (try 4 packets or more)
- Get your blender
- Add liquid ingredients, then the rest
- Get lucky