“Regular or decaf”
Are you drinking three cups of coffee per day? You’re probably busy at work and aren’t getting much sunshine.
Another benefit of coffee: Researchers say consuming a few cups per day is correlated with a reduced risk of the world’s most common cancer, basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer).
This research was presented at the American Association for Cancer Research conference.
Some interesting details that are worth considering:
- Coffee does not necessarily cause the reduction in risk.
- Coffee is, though, correlated with the reduction in risk.
- 20% reduction in risk for women, 9% reduction in risk for men.
- Decaf drinkers so no reduction in risk.
- Three cups per day was the threshold.
Feel good, though, next time you pour a fresh cup, that you’re a little bit less likely to get skin cancer.
Send this to a hard-working coffee drinker and brighten up their day!