Why I make spaghetti squash so often now
Making spaghetti squash is surprisingly easy. I baked it perfectly on my first try. Few ingredients, minimal time required. Highly recommended. Life skill? Yes. Learn how to make Spaghetti Squash.
This spaghetti was the most rich, flavorful and well-textured spaghetti I’ve ever had. And it wasn’t even spaghetti. It was spaghetti squash spaghetti.
I’ll still take real pasta on a rest day. Just find me a fruit that turns into rigatoni or penne. Yes, spaghetti squash is a fruit.
CTA: People, go to TJ’s now and get a spaghetti squash. And let me know how much yours was. Pretty sure they’re ridiculously cheap.
Useful tips for making spaghetti squash
Don’t cut it this way.
Cut it this way.
Be careful. It’s a hard fruit, difficult to cut. Need a strong knife and fingers away.
This part’s easy. Cut out the seeds.
Roast ’em if you’re feeling ambitious. Or toss ’em.
Create a e.v.o.o s&p lake. Not like Lake Tahoe. A half inch deep.
When it’s done, just start gently forking at it. Enjoy see the spaghetti magic.
Keep going. There’s a lot.
I mean, it doesn’t that look like angel hair?
How to bake spaghetti squash.
- spaghetti squash - 1 WHOLE
- extra virgin olive oil - 4 T
- lemon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut squash in half.
- Discard the guts (seeds etc.).
- Add 2 table spoons e.v.o.o and seasoning to each squash half
- Cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes
- Pull spaghetti with a work
- (Optional) For more well done spaghetti, put pulled spaghetti back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Eat with sauce and stuff.
- Be happy.