Late night grub that's not pizza or fried food
Late night eating his its purpose. And this late night trail mix serves that well. This recipe has raw almonds, roasted pumpkin seeds and cashews, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. It’s perfect to eat by the handful after a night of drinking.
What makes it late night trail mix?
Well, when I was drunk the other night, this is what I threw together!
This late night trail mix isn’t typical late-night food. But it certainly isn’t an energizing, satiating snack like my Epic Trail Mix. It fits somewhere in the middle.
The pumpkin seeds and cashews are not raw. Therefore, they’re roasted. So what does it mean if a nut is roasted? Oil. Roasted nuts are cooked in oil.
So while they’re healthier than french fries, they serve a similar purpose: Soaking up that alcohol!
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Eat Live Run: Chocolate chip trail mix balls
- Dessert Now Dinner Later: Dark chocolate trail mix bites
- Pamela Salzman: Trail mix cookies
Useful tips for Late night trail mix
Here’s what you need to keep in mind when making this late-night trail mix.
- In any trail mix, you don’t need more than 10% of it to be chocolate chips. In this four-ingredient trail mix, however, I distributed all ingredients evenly. 25% chocolate chips. Party!
- Pre-make this trail mix. Otherwise, you might wake up with four bags laying on the counter and a hand full of melted chocolate chips.
- Wash it all down with water. Lots of water. Thank me in the morning.
Perfect post-party, late-night trail mix.
- raw almonds
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pumpkin seeds - roasted
- cashews - roasted
- Add equal parts of all ingredients into a bowl.
- Be happy (and less hungover tomorrow morning).