How do you like candied nuts? If you do, you’ll go bonkers for these maple glazed brussels sprouts.
How Maple Glaze Makes Brussels Sprouts into Candy
These maple glazed brussels sprouts have the sweet & salty thing going on. Seems like brussels sprouts are so often salty & salty. So this is a good change of pace. Plus, these maple glazed brussels sprouts are as good as any other sweet & salty snack.
The maple glaze on these sprouts actually seemed to get better as the days went on. Texture, flavor, everything, was better as leftovers. Even eaten cold right out of the fridge.
Good color on this dish, too. I used dried cranberries, but pomegranate seeds would get the red goin’ just the same. The green and red make this recipe a great pick for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Oh, did I mention it was super easy?
All in all, this maple glaze setup was a great way to serve brussels sprouts. Whether they’re a brussels sprouts stalk, shredded brussels sprouts or as leftovers, you can’t go wrong. Plus, the flavors stuck nicely the next day.
Pretty damn healthy, too, assuming your maple syrup isn’t made with HFCS.
Add this to your recipe box right meow.
Useful Tips for Making Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Be generous with the maple syrup. But make sure it’s natural. Syrup with HFCC will kill you (slowly).
Grape seed oil was great, but e.v.o.o works just as well.
To get the maple glaze on all sides, make sure to rotate or stir your sprouts midway through cooking.
Sweet & salty at its best. Maple glazed brussels sprouts deliciousness.
- brussels sprouts - whole, shaved or on the stalk
- grape seed oil - 4 T (or extra virgin olive oil)
- maple syrup - 1/2 cup
- pepper - a few shakes (freshly cracked is best)
- sea salt - a few shakes (regular salt is obviously fine)
- dried cranberries - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place pan in oven to heat
- Remove any unsightly pieces from the sprouts
- Microwave brussels sprouts for 5 minutes
- Place sprouts on hot pan
- Add all ingredients to sprouts
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes
- Turn sprouts to other side and spread syrup
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until desired crispiness
Other Notable Versions
Hummusapien: Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Shutter Bean: Brown Sugar Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Recap and CTA
Make these now. They’re really good and easy.