For a change of pace and Indian flavors, this roasted curried cauliflower is perfect
Indian food is not something you feel like having every day.
But neither is cauliflower.
Indian vegans, notwithstanding, of course. 🙂
For the rest of us, this is a ethnic-flavored, special dish that’s good as a side or on its own over rice.
The recipe is ridiculously easy, and if you’re down curry flavors (or at least willing to try!), pretty darn good.
Here’s how (easy it is) to make Roasted Curried Cauliflower (3:39)
Useful tips for Roasted Curried Cauliflower
We used chickpeas (garbanzo beans), but white beans would work as well.
To add more nutrients and color, consider adding sauteed spinach or kale to the recipe.
If you are serving as an entree, pour over brown rice, quinoa, or lentils.
A healthy Indian-style dish that can be served as a side-dish or an entree.
- cauliflower - one large head
- chickpeas (garbanzo beans) - one can
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp.
- curry - 1 Tbsp.
- turmeric - 1 tsp.
- cumin - 1 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C)
- Peel and rinse the cauliflower
- Cut into florets
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Put coconut oil in microwave for 20 seconds
- Pour coconut oil over cauliflower
- Add chickpeas
- Sprinkle curry, turmeric, and cumin
- Toss until evenly coated
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Give it a good toss halfway through