Steamed broccoli is the easiest, healthiest, quickest side dish on the planet
Ladies and gentlemen, here’s the easiest way to make steamed broccoli. All you need is broccoli, a bowl and a few drops of water.
Why eat steamed broccoli?
Steamed broccoli is the perfect side dish. Steaming it brings out the sweet and nutty flavors. While it’s good as-is, easily pair it with any dinner. Just salt and pepper for American food. With soy sauce for an Asian dish. Or, just serve it covered in queso.
Besides its versatility, steamed broccoli is awesome because:
- You can eat as much as you want.
- It’s full of protein (nearly half of the calorie content).
- It’s vitamins, minerals and fiber are naturally energizing.
And did I mention you can make it in about one minute? Yup. Go have some.
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Joyful Abode: Microwaved, but not squishy
- Jamie Oliver: With wine & shallot sauce
- Edible Sound Bites: Sesame seasoned
Useful tips for Steamed broccoli
Careful! Contents will be hot. 🙂
I used to be very righteous about my broccoli. I only bought big stalks, which meant I spent time washing and cutting. I'm not too good for pre-packaged broccoli florets. They even have organic at Trader Joe's. So much easier and just as good.
Let water graze all the broccoli, if possible.
Why? Because you only want to fill the bowl so half the broccoli are submerged.
Serve with a nice ahi tuna teak and call yourself a well-fed!
Perfect side dish for any dinner.
- fresh broccoli - a bunch
- Pour broccoli in a bowl (cut/wash if you bought a whole stalk).
- Add water. Cover about half the broccoli.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix broccoli around to spread the love (heat).
- Microwave for another 30 seconds.
Tada! You have steamed broccoli.
I like mine simple, served with salt and pepper. But it’s also good with some soy sauce or sriracha.