Thought I’d relay some messaging from Vitamix about how they’re handling the COVID-15 outbreak.
I’ll keep this page updated as we hear more.
Update: March 23, 2020
The following is the note I received from the Senior Vice President of Global Sales.
Yesterday, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued a stay-at-home order for the entire state that mandated the closing of non-essential businesses. While Vitamix supports some businesses that are considered to be essential, we have made the decision to comply by ceasing production for the duration of the order, which takes effect tonight and runs through 11:59pm EST on Monday, April 6th.
To support essential businesses, we will keep a small crew on staff to handle returns, repairs, and shipping of any on hand inventory. Due to this, our Vitamix.com and Vitamix.ca sites will remain operational for sales as long as there is on hand inventory remaining.
This is an extremely fluid situation, and we will stay in contact with you to keep you updated. As always, we are extremely grateful for your partnership.
Update: March 13, 2020
The following is the note I received from management.
“Dear Vitamix Family,
The health and wellness of our customers and employees has always been the highest priority for Vitamix. With the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) having spread around the globe so quickly in recent weeks, we wanted to share with you the actions we’re taking in response:
We are monitoring the situation closely, both through updates from the Centers for Disease Control and by consulting actively with local health officials.
• We have increased sanitation and cleaning efforts within our manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and corporate offices.
• We frequently disinfect and sanitize our assembly lines to help keep our products safe.
• We have limited outside visitation to our facilities.
• We are working with employees to minimize their exposure to disease and give them opportunities to be with their families when needed.
• Our shipping and delivery time frames remain normal. We will certainly inform you if that changes at any point.
We understand that this issue is of deep concern for everyone. We will continue to abide by our core value of doing what’s right no matter what, and will maintain the well-being of our employees, owners, and partners as a top priority.”