A vegan take on the classic rich and creamy soup.
NOTE: Do not be intimidated by the number of ingredients. This is actually a really easy recipe. Really.
- almond milk - 240 ml (1 cup)
- nutritional yeast - 60 ml (1/4 cup)
- raw almonds - 120 ml (1/2 cup)
- raw cashews - 120 ml (1/2 cup)
- red bell pepper - 1 whole, de-seeded obviously
- kosher salt - 10 ml (2 tsp)
- garlic powder - 3 ml (1/2 tsp)
- onion powder - 10 ml (2 tsp)
- crushed red pepper - a few shakes (to taste)
- cannellini beans (drained) - 850g (2 15 oz. cans)
- vegetable broth - 350 mL (1.5 cups)
- beer (lager is best) - 235 mL (1 cup)
- garlic - 2 cloves
- onion (raw) - thin slice
- kosher salt (optional) - 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp)
- carrots (chopped) - 128g (1 cup)
- celery (chopped) - 100g (1 cup)
- Add all of the ingredients under QUESO to your container
- Blend on high for 6 minutes or choose your preprogrammed Soup Setting
- Add the ingredients under SOUP to the container
- Do a second soup cycle or blend on high for 3-4 more minutes
- Add the carrots and celery to the container
- Pulse 10 times on variable speed 2
- Pour into bowls
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
- Stay warm!
In case you missed it, this recipe is actually really easy. Really! Do not be intimidated by the number of ingredients. It’s fewer than it seems.
Useful tips for Beer Cheese Soup
Once you've got your base made (and hot!) pulse in your vegetables. You want small but distinct pieces for some texture (and a little added health).
If you like your soup thinner, add more vegetable broth.