Crunchy, spicy, pickled vegetables. Great on grilled food, sandwiches, and more!
- cauliflower - one head
- sweet peppers - 2 cups (seeded) chopped
- carrots - 2 cups chopped
- celery - 2 cups chopped
- serrano peppers - 4-8 seeded (depending on spice preference)
- garlic - 3 cloves (minced)
- salt - 1/2 cup
- white vinegar - 1 cup
- olive oil - 1 cup
- oregano - 1 Tbsp.
- crushed red pepper - 1-3 tsp. (depending on spice preference)
- black pepper - 1 tsp.
- pimento olives - 1/2 cup chopped
- Wash and chop all of your ingredients
– Cauliflower should be in tiny florets
– Carrots can be in medallions or chopped
– Sweet peppers and serrano peppers should be seeded and chopped finely
– Celery should be diced
- Mince your garlic
- Dissolve 1/2 cup salt in a non-reactive bowl filled with water
- Add all of your chopped vegetables and garlic
- Make sure the salt water covers the mixture
- Cover and leave in your fridge overnight
- Drain and rinse your vegetables twice
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, and spices in a bowl
- Add the vegetable mixture
- Add the olives
- Mix until evenly coated
- Distribute into mason jars
- Cover each jar and leave in the fridge for at least 48 hours
Useful tips for Giardiniera
Chopping all the vegetables is the toughest part of this recipe. I’m calling it a Vitamix recipe because you can save time by using it to chop the vegetables.