Baby food purees in a blender
- peas - one bag frozen
- asparagus - one bunch, fresh
- sweet potatoes - 3, peeled
- pears - 3, cored
- carrots - 3 large carrots
- apples - 3, cored
- beans - 3 cups
- corn - 3 cups
- squash - 3 cups
- Pick one ingredient.
- Peal and seed it.
- Steam it.
- Blend it.
- Pour into an ice cube tray.
- Store in freezer for up to three months.
- Defrost overnight in refrigerator before serving.
NOTE: This “recipe” is adapted from this baby food puree instructional on the US Vitamix site.
Useful tips for Let’s Talk Baby Food Purees
Here’s a summary of tips for making baby food purees from the convo above:
- Embrace the cost savings. They’re significant.
- Steam, first. Use the “sweat” in the blend to maximize nutrients.
- Use ice trays to freeze the baby food overnight.
- Pop cubes into a plastic bag and label.
- Pluck food from freezer for next day the night before.
- Don’t worry about exposing baby to every food on the planet.
- Enjoy the precious moments. It flies by.