These fudgey and decadent black bean brownies are a guiltless treat.Black Beans, Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Oil, Oats, Vanilla,
- black beans - 1 15oz can rinsed
- maple syrup - 1/3 cup
- coconut oil* - 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp.
- coconut sugar* - 2 Tbsp.
- rolled oats (gluten free) - 1/2 cup
- cocoa powder - 2 Tbsp.
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp.
- walnuts, almonds, pistachios, etc (optional) - 1/2 cup
- salt (if nuts unsalted or not using nuts) - 1/4 tsp.
- ADD AFTER THE BLEND
- chocolate chips - 2/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Rinse the black beans
- Add all of the ingredients to the Vitamix container
- Blend on high 1-2 minutes until smooth
- Add chocolate chips to the batter and mix with a spatula
- Grease an 8×8 pan and pour in the batter
- Top with more chocolate chips, nuts, or other toppings
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Check if the middle is set with a toothpick
- If not, bake for 2-3 min intervals until set
- Undercooked is better than overcooked with this recipe
- Wait patiently for 15 min before cutting and serving
- Snap a pic and tag #LifeisNOYOKE
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week
- Bring back to room temp to serve
Useful tips for Awesome black bean brownies
Baking is a precise science, follow the recipe. Don’t wing it.
If you truly want these brownies to be gluten free, make sure to check that your oats are processed in a grain-free facility. To make sure they are vegan, buy vegan chocolate chips and use agave instead of honey.
* You can use any sugar (raw, coconut, white, etc) and any oil (vegetable, canola, olive, grape seed, etc) that you have in your pantry.
We made it a Vitamix recipe because that's what we do. Above is our Vitamix Pro 750.
Note: Your Vitamix is not smoking. It's probably the cocoa is just filling your lungs with delicious chocolate dust.
Feeling the love for baking with your Vitamix? Try this vegan banana bread!