Creamy cauliflower soup so good you might cry tears of joy.Cashews, Cauliflower, Shallots, Vegetable Broth,
- cauliflower - one whole stalk
- olive oil - 2 T
- vegetable broth - 7 cups
- garlic - 1 T, chopped
- shallots - three, whole, chopped
- raw cashews - 1/2 cup
- salt - (to taste)
- INSTANT ENHANCER
- truffle salt - (just on top or instead of regular salt. turns a regular ol' soup into an out-of-this-world tasting experience)
- Large pot.
- Blender (Vitamix not necessary).
- Soak the raw cashews in water for a couple of hours.
- Chop shallots.
- Chop garlic.
- Bring pot to medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Sautee for a couple minutes (until soft and translucent).
- Add cauliflower.
- Sautee for five minutes (until a bit soft).
- Add vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool for a minute (just so it’s not boiling anymore).
- Add cauliflower, broth, etc., to blender.
- Add cashews to blender.
- Blend for a minute (until smooth).
- If you have a Vitamix, blend for another minute or two to get it hot. If you don’t have a Vitamix, add it back to the pot and warm it up again.
- Garnish with chives and a bit of olive oil.
- Be happy.
Useful tips for Creamy Cauliflower soup
Anything in the onion family will do, but shallots get you the best result.
It’s rich and velvety, but if you’re a texture person, you can always add quinoa, rice, or even some roasted cauliflower.