Here's a Cauliflower Soup so Good you Might Cry
It’s easy, it’s healthy, it’s quick.
It tastes like the soup we were served at the nicest restaurant we’ve ever been to.
Here’s our vegan, noyoke take on creamy cauliflower soup. Definitely a Vitamix recipe, although any blender will do.
Make this soon; you’ll love it.
Creamy cauliflower soup so good you might cry tears of joy.
- cauliflower - one whole stalk
- olive oil - 2 T
- vegetable broth - 7 cups
- garlic - 1 T, chopped
- shallots - three, whole, chopped
- raw cashews - 1/2 cup
- salt - (to taste)
- INSTANT ENHANCER
- truffle salt - (just on top or instead of regular salt. turns a regular ol' soup into an out-of-this-world tasting experience)
- Large pot.
- Blender (Vitamix not necessary).
- Soak the raw cashews in water for a couple of hours.
- Chop shallots.
- Chop garlic.
- Bring pot to medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Sautee for a couple minutes (until soft and translucent).
- Add cauliflower.
- Sautee for five minutes (until a bit soft).
- Add vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool for a minute (just so it’s not boiling anymore).
- Add cauliflower, broth, etc., to blender.
- Add cashews to blender.
- Blend for a minute (until smooth).
- If you have a Vitamix, blend for another minute or two to get it hot. If you don’t have a Vitamix, add it back to the pot and warm it up again.
- Garnish with chives and a bit of olive oil.
- Be happy.
Useful tips for Creamy Cauliflower soup
Anything in the onion family will do, but shallots get you the best result.
It’s rich and velvety, but if you’re a texture person, you can always add quinoa, rice, or even some roasted cauliflower.