What you can get from Life is NOYOKE
Life is NOYOKE (pronounced “no-YOLK”) is the online home for Vitamix affiliate, Lenny Gale. With the help of his wife, Shalva, they maintain a Vitamix guide, publish weekly vegan Vitamix recipes, and handwrite a weekly newsletter.
Think of them as virtual Vitamix demonstrators.
They work hard as commission-only contractors of Vitamix to show how healthy eating can be easy (and fun!) with the help of a Vitamix. As affiliates, they can focus on what they’re good at: telling stories, teaching the masses, and changing the world (one Vitamix at a time).
Here’s some more on how you can support their work.
Hey, I’m Lenny Gale, and this is Life is NOYOKE.
I left my CPA consulting job in 2012 for three reasons:
- The lifestyle was killing me.
- The work was unfulfilling.
- Working “for the man” did not work (for me).
So, yeah, I’m a high-maintenance, idealistic, introverted creative who wants what’s best for him and, if possible, the rest of the world.
I know, typical millennial.
Life is NOYOKE is my middle finger to Big Food. And the goal is simple:
Accelerate our adoption of a whole-food focused diet.
If I can lose 40 lbs by changing the way I eat, so can you.
Real, whole food is the answer to all of your questions.
- “How do I lose five pounds off my stomach?”
- “How do I make myself feel more attractive?
- “How do I get better with portion control?”
- “How do I deal with being born with “big” genes?”
- “How do I get unstuck and regain self-control?
- “How do I stop chronic pain?”
- “How do I turn my life around?”
Okay, fine. There’s no guarantee that making yourself a salad will get you a date, a job, and a decreased need for prescription medication.
But it worked for me.
This began as a basic food blog in 2012. Today, Life is NOYOKE is a:
Get the new recipe delivered straight to your inbox by getting on the list below. It’s a newsletter that people say they look forward to.
This is my wife Shalva. Together, we spend hundreds of hours every month working on this blog and community.
- Not spell-checking.
- Trying to practice what I preach (eat right most of the time, indulge on special occasions, and not work too hard).
- Managing our Instagram.
- Managing me.
- Producing our YouTube videos.
- Crafting our new recipes.
- Being more clever than me.
- Laughing at me.
- Asking me if I “liked that take?” despite knowing I can do better.
- Demonstrating better than me.
- Adding a woman’s touch.
- Making me emote at our wedding.
- Reminding me practice what I preach.
Lucy, aka Lucille, aka The Seal spends her time being grateful that we’re home all day but disappointed that we spend most of the time staring at metal boxes, talking into scary black robots, and making food that she can’t eat.
Life is NOYOKE, strives to be as quality, genuine, and as helpful as possible. It is supported (for free) by people like you.
Thank you for stopping by.
And remember, Life is NOYOKE.