Creamy coleslaw. Mayo free!
- green cabbage - 1/2 whole
- carrot (peeled) - 1 large
- apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp.
- lemon (with peel) - 1/2 whole
- cashews (raw) - 1/3 cup
- coconut sugar - 1 tsp.
- pepper - to taste
- salt - to taste
- Blend your cabbage in three stages
- Place first 1/3 into container
- Pulse on 1 using the tamper to push into the blade
- Pour into bowl when desired consistency reached
- Look for any large pieces that may have been missed
- Put those back in the container
- Repeat steps 2-6
- Cut carrot into fourths, put all into container
- Repeat steps 3 and 4
- Add all ingredients into container
- Ramp from variable speed 1-10
- Blend on high until smooth
- Toss your slaw in the dressing
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Creamy Coleslaw
Use your Vitamix to chop the cabbage and carrots. It’s super easy.
- Add a small amount to your container.
- Pulse on Variable Speed 1.
- Use the tamper to keep things bouncing around.
- Place processed vegetables in a bowl.
Here’s a fifteen second video showing what I mean.
Another tip: Coleslaw on sandwiches is incredible. (It’s like lettuce but more flavorful!) Plus, you save time not having to add other condiments!