Delicious, nutritious, and incredibly filling detox salad. Perfect after a "festive" weekend.Apple Cider Vinegar, Avocado, Carrots, Cauliflower, Ginger, Kale, Raisins, Red Cabbage,
- cauliflower - 1 head
- kale - 2 cups (200 g)
- red cabbage - 1/2 head
- carrots - 2 cups (250 g)
- red or green onion - 1/2 cup (75 or 50 g)
- raisins - 1/2 cup (75 g)
- sun flower seeds - 1/4 cup (35 g)
- OPTIONAL: fresh cilantro (no stems) - 1/4 cup (4 g)
- avocado - 1 whole
- apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- lemon juice - from half a lemon
- lime juice - from one lime
- ginger (fresh) - 2 Tbsp. (12 g)
- dates (pitted) - 1 whole
- salt & pepper - to taste
- Chop everything.
- If using a Vitamix, use golf ball sized pieces 1/3 of the way full.
- (We used the Vitamix Pro 750 with the tamper).
- You want small pieces, but keep some texture.
- Pour into bowl and mix it all up.
- Add ingredients to the Vitamix container.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Toss the salad and dressing together.
- Top with raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
- Eat and be happy immediately.
- Or, throw it in the fridge and enjoy over the next few days. It keeps getting better.
Useful tips for Detox Salad
This salad is pretty hard to screw up.
Be super careful when you’re chopping all the ingredients. The cabbage, especially, can be a doozy if you’re not careful.
To keep the raisins and sunflower seeds from getting soggy, top salad with them right before serving.
The Vitamix Pro 750 (with tamper) is what I used to chop all the ingredients. Still took a bit of time, but was certainly easier and safer than hand-chopping everything.
Read my review of the Vitamix Pro 750 here.