This is the print view. This text and the mailing list box below will not print. Click to go back to the full post of Sun-dried tomato basil hummus
It takes most people 3-6 weeks to fully appreciate their Vitamix machine, be fully confident while using it, and finally make using it one of their habits.
The best way to get there is by signing up for our email series. We’ll share insights from Vitamix owners, new recipes and tutorials, and keep you updated about upcoming deals.Keep Me Updated
You cannot go wrong with tomatoey, basil-y hummus recipe.
1. Drain one can of chickpeas and add to Vitamix container
2. Leave second can of chickpeas undrained, add to container
3. Add entire contents of sun dried tomato jar including oil
4. Remove the rind from the lemon
5. Add lemon, basil, tahini and salt to the container
6. Ramp from variable speed 1 to 10 and blend on high for 3-4 minutes
7. Use the tamper to push ingredients from the corners into the blade
8. If you like a smoother consistency, add 1-4 Tbsp of olive oil halfway through
9. Stop when desired texture is achieved
10. Snap a pic and tag #lifeisnoyoke
Basically, this recipe is basic. But it photographed well, so we have several tips. 🙂
Buy sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (we're gonna use it) at your local grocery store.
The oil has a great flavor (and smell, oy).
This is a perfect Vitamix recipe, but a food processor will work, too.
Just because it's a savory recipe doesn't mean you can't lick the spoon!
This sun dried tomato was not packed it oil. It's sole purpose is for garnish. Skip this unless you're fancy.