Rich, decadent, tangy dessert bars.
- almond flour - 1 1/2 cups
- organic sugar - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- coconut oil (softened) - 1/4 cup
- almond milk - 1/4 cup
- lemons (peeled, de-seeded) - 3 whole
- lemon (with peel, de-seeded) - 1 whole
- cornstarch - 1/4 cup
- organic sugar - 1/4 cup
- turmeric (for epic color) - 1/4 tsp
- coconut cream - 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl
- Add the coconut oil and fold in with a fork
- Add the almond milk and stir until consistent
- Pour into ungreased 9×9 pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 20 min (until edges turn brown)
- Peel 3 of your lemons
- De-seed (as best you can) all of your lemons
- Put all of your ingredients into the Vitamix container
- Ramp from variable speed 1-10
- Blend on high for 4-5 minutes (it will get warm/hot)
- It should be thick, but won’t be “curd” until it bakes
- Pour lemon mixture on crust after it comes out of the oven
- Bake for another 15 minutes on 350
- Let cool, it will “curd” as it cools
- Top with powdered sugar and slice into bars
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Vegan Lemon Bars
If you keep kosher, this is an excellent pareve dessert option.
Coconut cream is not the same as coconut milk. You can find the cream in most grocery stores in the Asian foods section.
There’s 2 coconut ingredients in this recipe, but it doesn’t taste coconut-y at all.
Deseed your lemons as best you can. Your Vitamix can certainly pulverize them, but they change the taste.