A tangy dessert to convert chocolate lovers
In my family dessert is a religion.
We don’t discriminate. As long as it’s sweet, we’re interested.
But I’ve heard so many times over the years, I only like chocolate desserts. Well chocolate fans, this one might flip ya.
These are tangy, rich, and addicting.
Use your Vitamix to whip up a batch of these vegan lemon bars, and convert the chocoholics in your life!
Even my husband liked them!
I love making desserts. I’m known as the “the baker” in my group of friends.
But my vegan husband is pretty much a strict chocolate guy.
It’s impossible to get him excited about fruit pies, oatmeal cookies, or anything “not-chocolate”.
But I made these bars anyway hoping he’d see the light.
I used Oh My Veggies lemon bar recipe as a basis and worked from there.
Simplifying is always my goal, so I used whole fruit and threw everything into our Vitamix.
The process was so easy, didn’t have to use my stovetop or dirty a saucepan.
And the results? Excellent! You know how I know?
Lenny loved them!
He wanted seconds… he asked for more… he legit enjoyed.
Whip together a batch, you’ll be surprised at how decadent lemons can be.
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Oh My Veggies: Gingery Vegan Lemon Bars
Rich, decadent, tangy dessert bars.
- almond flour - 1 1/2 cups
- organic sugar - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- coconut oil (softened) - 1/4 cup
- almond milk - 1/4 cup
- lemons (peeled, de-seeded) - 3 whole
- lemon (with peel, de-seeded) - 1 whole
- cornstarch - 1/4 cup
- organic sugar - 1/4 cup
- turmeric (for epic color) - 1/4 tsp
- coconut cream - 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl
- Add the coconut oil and fold in with a fork
- Add the almond milk and stir until consistent
- Pour into ungreased 9×9 pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 20 min (until edges turn brown)
- Peel 3 of your lemons
- De-seed (as best you can) all of your lemons
- Put all of your ingredients into the Vitamix container
- Ramp from variable speed 1-10
- Blend on high for 4-5 minutes (it will get warm/hot)
- It should be thick, but won’t be “curd” until it bakes
- Pour lemon mixture on crust after it comes out of the oven
- Bake for another 15 minutes on 350
- Let cool, it will “curd” as it cools
- Top with powdered sugar and slice into bars
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Vegan Lemon Bars
If you keep kosher, this is an excellent pareve dessert option.
Coconut cream is not the same as coconut milk. You can find the cream in most grocery stores in the Asian foods section.
There’s 2 coconut ingredients in this recipe, but it doesn’t taste coconut-y at all.
Deseed your lemons as best you can. Your Vitamix can certainly pulverize them, but they change the taste.