Waffles that are tart and satisfying using no animal products.Almond Flour, Cornmeal, Lemon, Poppyseed, Vanilla,
- almond milk (vanilla unsweetened) - 1 cup
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp.
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp.
- lemon (with rind) - 1/4 whole
- cornmeal - 3/4 cup
- almond flour - 1/2 cup
- coconut sugar - 1 Tbsp.
- baking powder - 2 tsp.
- salt - 1/4 tsp.
- poppy seeds - 1 Tbsp.
- Put all ingredients (except poppy seeds) into your Vitamix container.
- Ramp from variable speed 1 to 10.
- Blend on high for 45 seconds.
- Add poppy seeds to the container.
- Pulse a few times until incorporated.
- Depending on your waffle-maker, you may want to grease both sides.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle maker.
- Cook per-instructions.
- Serve with strawberry syrup.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Waffles
Make sure your waffles are Instagram-ready by serving with fruit and a strong cup of coffee.
This recipe serves just 2 people. We make waffles at least 2x a month and the best ratio is about 1.5 waffles per person. Using this recipe, you'll yield 3 waffles. Double it for a brunch with 4 people.
Tastes great with our strawberry topper.