Fresh, mild, salsa that's easy, healthy and quick. Cilantro, Jalapeno, Lime, Onion, Tomatoes,
- roma tomatoes - 6 whole
- yellow onion - 1/2 whole
- jalapeno - 1 whole, seeded
- cilantro (fresh) - 1/2 cup (25 g)
- lime - 1 whole, peeled
- salt - 1 Tbsp. (17 g) or more to taste
- Seed the jalapeno.
- Peel the lime.
- Cut all ingredients into quarters.
- Add everything except four of the tomatoes.
- Blend on variable speed five for 15 seconds. (Use the tamper to get everything started, if necessary.)
- Stop blending.
- Add final four tomatoes to the container.
- Blend on variable speed 2 for 5 seconds.
Complement this with a batch of our famous queso and have a lovely fiesta.
Useful tips for 5-ingredient California salsa
Blend in two phases. Use the second phase to get the varying consistency and larger slices of tomato.