Five ingredient, California style salsa that takes five minutes to make? A mild, yet flavorful salsa that tastes like the stuff they serve at Chili’s?
Don’t mind if I do!
The truth about homemade salsa
Every week we buy a jar or two of salsa. It’s good for snacking and smothering on most things; salsa is THE BEST.
But here’s the deal:
There’s really nothing that compares t0 homemade salsa.
- Fresh ingredients.
- No added colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Pound for pound, much cheaper than store-bought.
And while there are dozens of salsas worth making at home, this one is where you should start.
It’s five ingredient California salsa. Simple and easy but tastes complex and fancy.
The downside to homemade salsa is that it wont’ last as long as store-bought. You can keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
You don’t need to make this California salsa every week. But you should go make a batch right now!
(Pictured in the background above is our Vitamix Pro 750, the one that lives on our counter and gets used every day.)
Other Noteworthy Versions
Useful tips for 5-ingredient California salsa
Blend in two phases. Use the second phase to get the varying consistency and larger slices of tomato.
Fresh, mild, salsa that's easy, healthy and quick.
- roma tomatoes - 6 whole
- yellow onion - 1/2 whole
- jalapeno - 1 whole, seeded
- cilantro - 1/2 cup
- lime - 1 whole, peeled
- salt - 1 T (or more to taste)
- Seed the jalapeno.
- Peel the lime.
- Cut all ingredients into quarters.
- Add everything except four of the tomatoes.
- Blend on variable speed five for 15 seconds. (Use the tamper to get everything started, if necessary.)
- Stop blending.
- Add final four tomatoes to the container.
- Blend on variable speed 2 for 5 seconds.
Complement this with a batch of our famous queso and have a lovely fiesta.