Deliciously dark chocolatey peanut-free salted nut butter.
- raw almonds (unsalted) - 2 cups
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
- dark chocolate chips - 1/3 cup
- honey or maple syrup - 1 tsp.
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp.
- cocoa powder - 1 Tbsp.
- salt - 1 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silpat mat
- Spread the almonds in a single layer
- Roast for 10 min
- Take out of the oven, they will continue to “pop”
- Let cool for 15 minutes
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl
- Microwave for 30-45 secs until melted
- Stir in honey, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt
- Add almonds to container
- Ramp from variable speed 1-10
-You must be on HIGH to make nut butters
- Blend for 1 min
– Use the tamper to push ingredients into the blade from the corners
– The blender might make a chugging noise, don’t be scared
- Turn the blender off
- Add your chocolate mixture to the container
- Blend on high for 1-2 min depending on preferred consistency
- Share the love, snap a picture and tag #lifeisnoyoke
Useful tips for Chocolate almond butter
This recipe is pretty straight forward. It’s similar to peanut butter or walnut butter with a Vitamix.
But since almonds are a bit dryer, naturally, you’ll need a tiny bit of oil to get the best result.
Buy raw unsalted almonds and then roast them in a single layer.
This stuff is good on anything, we recommend pretzel sticks.
If you're feeling really crafty, you can make these campfire cookies and use your almond butter as the base. (That's colored shredded coconut in the middle).