Check out this Sweet, Upgraded Vitamix Peanut Butter
Every Vitamix owner says they want to make peanut butter.
But why stop there?
Sprinkle in one more ingredient to an already absurdly easy “recipe” and you have a mine-blowing rendition of a classic.
Go make this sweet, homemade peanut butter with dates. You’re gonna love it!
Sweeten the pot
You can easily throw some peanuts into your Vitamix and have peanut butter.
But we wanted to up the ante and add some dates to sweeten our blend.
It’s so easy it almost feels wrong but so good you know it’s right.
Delicious, oil-free, homemade peanut butter with a hint of sweetness.
- dry roasted peanuts (unsalted) - 6 cups (875 g)
- dates (pitted) - 2-6 whole (depending on sweetness wanted)
- Add ingredients to your Vitamix container.
- Secure lid.
- Place tamper through lid hole.
- Select Variable Speed 1.
- Gradually increase to Variable Speed 10. Then to High.
- Use the tamper to push the ingredients from the sides of the container down into the blades.
- Blend for 90-120 seconds depending on your desired consistency.
- Serve it on some fruit, celery, or bread.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Homemade Peanut Butter (with dates!)
If you’re using any other model, ramp from variable speed 1 to 10. Blend on high for 2 minutes (with the tamper).
Use the tamper to gently push the ingredients into the blade from the corners.
You're going to hear a high pitch chugging noise. That's normal and isn't hurting your machine. That's how you know it's done.
Can't quite get all the PB out of your container? Blend up a PB&J smoothie with the excess!