Delicious, oil-free, homemade peanut butter with a hint of sweetness.
- dry roasted peanuts (unsalted) - 6 cups (875 g)
- dates (pitted) - 2-6 whole (depending on sweetness wanted)
- Add ingredients to your Vitamix container.
- Secure lid.
- Place tamper through lid hole.
- Select Variable Speed 1.
- Gradually increase to Variable Speed 10. Then to High.
- Use the tamper to push the ingredients from the sides of the container down into the blades.
- Blend for 90-120 seconds depending on your desired consistency.
- Serve it on some fruit, celery, or bread.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Homemade Peanut Butter (with dates!)
The new Ascent Series has a program for Nut Butters. (Shown below is our Vitamix, currently an A3500.)
If you’re using any other model, ramp from variable speed 1 to 10. Blend on high for 2 minutes (with the tamper).
Use the tamper to gently push the ingredients into the blade from the corners.
You're going to hear a high pitch chugging noise. That's normal and isn't hurting your machine. That's how you know it's done.
Can't quite get all the PB out of your container? Blend up a PB&J smoothie with the excess!