Homemade hummus made easy. Red pepper style. And super duper smooth!Chickpeas, Cumin, Garlic, Lemon, Roasted Red Pepper, Tahini,
- chickpeas (drained) - half can (8 oz)
- roasted red pepper - 1/2 cup (3 oz)
- lemon (no rind) - 1 cocktail garnish slice
- tahini - 3 Tbsp. (45 g)
- garlic (peeled) - 1 cloves
- extra virgin olive oil - 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
- ground cumin - 1/4 tsp (.5 g)
- salt - 1/4 tsp (.5 g)
- Add all ingredients into 20 oz. Vitamix container
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds
- Cut up some cucumbers and carrots
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Making homemade hummus is really easy. But there’s a few tricks:
We made this batch in our 20 oz. Vitamix container. If you’re using a larger container, double or triple the recipe.
Don’t drain your chickpeas down the sink! Save the water (also known as aquafaba) to use for some of our other favorite recipes like Chocolate Mousse, Vegan French Toast, and Oatmeal Pancakes.
If you like your hummus thicker, add more chickpeas. This recipe makes a very smooth batch that is not as thick as store-bought brands.