Fabulous pancakes you can make in your Vitamix and (be proud to) serve the whole family
You want pancakes from scratch. And you want them to be fluffy and delicious.
But you’d rather not feed your family dessert for breakfast.
Try these oatmeal pancakes.
They’re vegan, hearty, but still deliciously fluffy. So, so good.
The story behind these blender pancakes
I’ve made a version of these oatmeal pancakes in my Vitamix since starting Life is NOYOKE in 2012. But it’s not because I love pancakes.
Being more of a savory-breakfast-eating kind of guy, this was more of a Vitamix trick than anything. You know, something to impress potential buyers.
Yes. I also mean potential buyers of me.
Shalva may or may not have been served a version of these cakes in an effort to woo her.
Fast forward a few years, and she’s officially sold!
So delicious. So easy.
Go make a batch today!
Perfectly fluffy, delicious, vegan Vitamix pancakesAquafaba, Banana, Dates, Oats,
- rolled oats - 1 1/2 cups (135 g)
- banana - 1 whole
- almond milk - 1 cup (240 mL)
- aquafaba - 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- baking soda - 1/4 tsp. (2 g)
- pitted date - 1 whole
1. Heat pan to medium/low heat
2. Add ingredients in order listed to Vitamix container
3. Blend for 30 seconds on high
4. Spray hot pan with oil
5. Add 1/4 cup of pancake batter to hot pan
6. Spread batter out in circular motion
7. Flip after a couple minutes
8. Add pancake to stack
9. Repeat steps 4-8
10. Add fresh fruit and / or real maple syrup
11. Snap a pic and tag #lifeisnoyoke
12. Be happy!
Useful tips for Oatmeal Pancakes
Aquafaba, also known as chickpea water, is what we used in place of egg whites (an ingredient in the original). Our vegan french toast uses it similarly.
You can add some flaxseed for a little extra fiber and healthy fats.
If you’re low on oats, you can sub out for granola.
The recipe assumes you’re using store-bought almond milk. If you’re using homemade, dilute with a bit of water.
Top it how you like! Pictured is strawberry compote (frozen or fresh strawberries heated in a saucepan)and coconut flakes. Peanut butter or blueberries are also great on these pancakes.