Be a party hero with three cans and a Vitamix
I like olives. Green, black, Kalamata–it doesn’t matter. I look for excuses to add olives to food. Not normally made with olives? No problem. Here’s a great example: Black Olive Hummus.
Convenience meets delicious meets impressive
(Update on May 19th, 2017. I originally published this in December of 2013. The recipe is still good, but the pics needed a refresh. Here’s the original featured image and most of the original text below. Yikes!)
This is one of those dump and go recipes. Dump the ingredients, mix it up and move to the next busy-life task. Black olive hummus is so easy it’s laughable.
And, compared to how well it serves at a party you’re attending or hosting, it’s a legit hero. Bring this black olive hummus to a party and just dip (veggies, tortilla chips, anything).
My dad doesn’t eat hummus. But I know he loves black olives; hoping this simple dip can convert him to a believer. 🙂
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Pinch My Salt: Mediterranean Olive Hummus
- The Wannabe Chef: Black Olive Hummus and Altoids
- Dinners and Dreams: Green and Black Olive Hummus
Useful tips for Black Olive Hummus
Best enjoyed within a week, with friends and family.
Also great served as pita bites!
Super easy black olive hummus. A great bring for potlucks.
- chickpeas - 2 (15oz) cans drained and rinsed
- tahini (aka sesame paste) - 1/2 cup
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- lemon (peeled) - 1/4 whole
- black olives (pitted) - 1 can (6 oz) or 1 cup fresh
- garlic - 2 cloves
- Add all of the ingredients into your Vitamix container.
- Blend on high 1-2 minutes.
- Use the tamper to push ingredients from the corners into the blade.
- Serve right away or pop it into the fridge (better cooled).
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE