Hearty little bites packed with tropical flavor.Almonds, Dates, Macadamia Nuts, Oats, Pineapple,
- almonds - 1/2 cup (70 g)
- dried pineapple - 1/2 cup (80 g)
- macadamia nuts - 1/4 cup (34 g)
- rolled oats - 1/2 cup (40 g)
- dates (pitted) - 8
- dried coconut - 1/4 cup (19 g)
- dried pineapple - 8 pieces
- Add ingredients under BLEND to Vitamix container in order listed
- Blend on Variable Speed 10 (or high).
- Use the tamper to push ingredients from corners into the blade
- Do *not* over blend
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on a dinner plate
- Scoop a tablespoon worth of the mixture out of the container
- Push half a piece of dried pineapple in the middle
- Roll a ball shape
- Roll the ball in the coconut flakes
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
- Aloha! Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week or the freezer for up to 1 month.
Useful tips for Hula Bites
Feeling tropical? Try our Hawaiian Salsa or our Pina Colada Smoothie!
You can find unsweetened pineapple as well as coconut flakes at most grocery stores. The dates have plenty sweetness.
You'll want to pulse the mixture until it has a texture similar that's consistent, but where you can still see the individual ingredients.
The mixture is sticky (because of the dates), but remarkably easy to get out of the container.
This is a messy recipe. But one that would be fun to make with kids :)
Serve near the desserts!
And don't feel the need to list every ingredient -- ignorance is bliss!