Check Out This Salsa Made With Papaya
Looking for something fun to make with a papaya? Need a tasty marinade, topper, or just a tropical salsa?
Try this Hawaiian salsa!
Super delicious. Super easy to make.
It’s our newest vegan Vitamix recipe, and you’re going to love it.
Why This is a Salsa Like None Other
Nothing about Hawaii is traditional. This Hawaiin salsa notwithstanding.
It’s missing several salsa staples:
- No lime.
- No cilantro.
- No distinct red or green hue.
And still, it’s fabulous. It’s tropical salsa with a kick.
Make some today, and tag #lifeisnoyoke on FB, Instagram, or Twitter!
A tropical, non-traditional salsa that's delicious on its own or paired with something savory.
- fresh tomatoes - 5 (medium sized)
- papaya - (flesh of) 1 whole, seeded
- onion - 1/2 whole
- apple cider vinegar - 3 Tablespoons (45 ml)
- hot peppers - 1 chopped habanero or Thai chili or jalapeño
- date - 1 whole, seeded (or sweetener of choice)
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon (5 g), (or to taste)
- pepper - 1/4 teaspoon (2.5 g), (or to taste)
- Place ingredients, liquid first in container.
- Run on Variable Speed 1 for ten seconds.
- tag #lifeisnoyoke
Note: For a less chunky salsa, use Variable Speed 2.
Useful tips for Hawaiian Salsa
This is a papya. You remove the seeds just like you would a cantaloupe -- with a spoon.
You can use any hot peppers you'd like. The orange ones are habanero, red ones are Thai chili.
Remember: you can always add more. Start with one, especially if you're using the seeds. (The seeds are where all the heat lives.)
Serve in a cute bowl, if possible.
And if you made it too spicy, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. It will mellow out and actually taste better as the flavors mesh.