A delicious and quick (yet, no-sugar-added, raw, and vegan!) treat called Hula Bites
Throw a few ingredients into your Vitamix and have a healthy(ish) treat within minutes.
This recipe is super easy and packed with flavor.
Best part? There’s no added sugar. Just the natural sweetness of dates.
Make some the next time you’re tasked with making (a vegan, gluten-free) dessert.
A taste of the tropics
Energy bites and protein balls are all the rage right now. If you type either of those terms into Pinterest you’ll come back with thousands of posts.
Usually we skip trendy foods, but this one seemed like a no brainer (especially because they were requested from more than one follower).
Since our home office is currently in Honolulu, we decided to make our version tropical.
Pineapple, coconut, and macadamia. Sounds pretty Hawaiian, eh?
Make some tonight and live that sunshine life!
Hearty little bites packed with tropical flavor.
- almonds - 1/2 cup (70 g)
- dried pineapple - 1/2 cup (80 g)
- macadamia nuts - 1/4 cup (34 g)
- rolled oats - 1/2 cup (40 g)
- dates (pitted) - 8
- dried coconut - 1/4 cup (19 g)
- dried pineapple - 8 pieces
- Add ingredients under BLEND to Vitamix container in order listed
- Blend on Variable Speed 10 (or high).
- Use the tamper to push ingredients from corners into the blade
- Do *not* over blend
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on a dinner plate
- Scoop a tablespoon worth of the mixture out of the container
- Push half a piece of dried pineapple in the middle
- Roll a ball shape
- Roll the ball in the coconut flakes
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
- Aloha! Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week or the freezer for up to 1 month.
Useful tips for Hula Bites
You can find unsweetened pineapple as well as coconut flakes at most grocery stores. The dates have plenty sweetness.
You'll want to pulse the mixture until it has a texture similar that's consistent, but where you can still see the individual ingredients.
The mixture is sticky (because of the dates), but remarkably easy to get out of the container.
This is a messy recipe. But one that would be fun to make with kids :)
Serve near the desserts!
And don't feel the need to list every ingredient -- ignorance is bliss!