So simple, so good. Tastes like vacation.
This pina colada recipe is a gem. So easy, so good. And it requires nothing abnormal. Easy stuff to get your hands on.
Sip ’em like you’re at the beach. Or spoon some like Italian ice.
Rum isn't even necessary
Don’t get me wrong. A rum-filled pina colada is great. But this is terrific without.
These tropical flavors blend up perfectly in our Vitamix giving us that poolside bar consistency.
The easiest, most enjoyable and refreshing thing I’ve had in awhile. And it doesn’t matter when you drink it. Winter is a perfect time to pretend you’re at the beach.
But if it’s hot out (or if you’re spending the winter in Hawaii), it’s even better.
Useful tips for Pina Colada
You don’t have to freeze the coconut milk overnight, but it will help to make the consistency “creamy” without using any cream. We suggest freezing the whole can in ice cube trays and using the rest to make our coconut ice cream!
Seems silly, but we wrote a whole post on how to freeze bananas correctly. Once you become a smoothie connoisseur, you’ll always want to have frozen bananas on-hand. The easier they are to grab, the less hurdles you have to making a healthy breakfast 🙂
Use fresh pineapple if possible. Otherwise frozen works fine if you add a bit of extra coconut water.
And share with your dog.
PS- This is a throwback pic from the original non-vegan post. Lucy is still just as cute and curious, but now she rocks a grayer beard.
Vegan Pina Colada with a handful of ingredients.
- coconut water - 1 cup (330 mL)
- pineapple (fresh or frozen) - 1 cup (165 g)
- coconut milk full fat (fresh or frozen) - 3 cubes
- banana (frozen) - 1 whole
- ice - 6-8 cubes
- shredded coconut (optional) - a sprinkle
- Freeze a can of coconut milk into ice cube trays overnight.
- Peel and freeze a banana overnight.
- Add ingredients in order listed into your Vitamix container.
- Blend on high for 15-20 seconds.
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE.
- Feel tropical.