An easy recipe for a protein-packed snack/dessertCashews, Chocolate Chips, Flaxseed, Oats, Pomegranate, Protein Powder,
- dark chocolate chips - 1/2 cup (88 g)
- raw cashews - 1 cup (130 g)
- chocolate protein powder - 1 scoop (30 g)
- pomegranate arils - 1/2 cup (88 g)
- rolled oats - 1/2 cup (40 g)
- flax seeds - 2 Tbsp. (14 g)
- Melt chocolate chips (30-45 seconds in microwave)
- Add melted chocolate, raw cashews, protein powder and 1/4 cup pom arils
- Blend on high for 90 seconds
- Use the tamper to push ingredients from corners into the blades
- Turn off or unplug machine
- Stir in oats, flax seeds and your remaining 1/4 cup of pom arils
- Roll into golfball sized balls
- Eat one and then refrigerate before serving
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Chocolate Pomegranate Protein Bites
If you want these to truly be vegan, check to make sure your chocolate chips and protein powder do not have milk or casein.
If you want these to truly be gluten-free, check to make sure your oats say GF.
For those of you going for delicious as opposed to nutritious, add some mini chocolate chips in at the end for some extra texture.
If you like recipes like these, check out our Hula Bites, Carrot Cake Bites, Iron Bites, or our Blueberry Breakfast Bites.