A no-bake, quick and satisfying snack
These chocolate pomegranate protein bites are a perfect on-the-go snack.
They take no time at all to put together and are incredibly satisfying.
No prep, no crazy ingredients, and you don’t have to bake them.
Throw a few in your gym bag. Your yoga buddies will be jealous!
Sweet tooth savior
I’m not going to pretend these bites are super healthy. They are not.
But, they are absolutely delicious and much better for you than processed alternatives.
They are intentionally served in ball form so that one or two can satisfy your craving for something sweet. And they are small enough that you don’t have to feel guilty.
Plus, they have some healthy ingredients hiding in them.
There’s a few things I think these chocolate pomegranate protein bites might be good for:
- Post gym snack (as mentioned above)
- Less-guilty dessert option
- Quick throw-together for a party
Beyond being delicious, these little guys are actually quite pretty. They would look excellent on any holiday cookie tray (and meet your vegan & gluten-free friends nutritional requirements).
Give them a try next time you come across a pomegranate. But remember not to eat the whole batch!
An easy recipe for a protein-packed snack/dessertCashews, Chocolate Chips, Flaxseed, Oats, Pomegranate, Protein Powder,
- dark chocolate chips - 1/2 cup (88 g)
- raw cashews - 1 cup (130 g)
- chocolate protein powder - 1 scoop (30 g)
- pomegranate arils - 1/2 cup (88 g)
- rolled oats - 1/2 cup (40 g)
- flax seeds - 2 Tbsp. (14 g)
- Melt chocolate chips (30-45 seconds in microwave)
- Add melted chocolate, raw cashews, protein powder and 1/4 cup pom arils
- Blend on high for 90 seconds
- Use the tamper to push ingredients from corners into the blades
- Turn off or unplug machine
- Stir in oats, flax seeds and your remaining 1/4 cup of pom arils
- Roll into golfball sized balls
- Eat one and then refrigerate before serving
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Chocolate Pomegranate Protein Bites
If you want these to truly be vegan, check to make sure your chocolate chips and protein powder do not have milk or casein.
If you want these to truly be gluten-free, check to make sure your oats say GF.
For those of you going for delicious as opposed to nutritious, add some mini chocolate chips in at the end for some extra texture.
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes us hundreds of hours every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our referral links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.