People ask me all the time for recommendations. Whether its products, services or just how-to advice, the answers are always the same.
So, here are your answers.
This is the stuff I use every single day. Email me with any questions.
But, actually, thank you.
When you use our links to Vitamix.com or Vitamix.ca and enter promotion code 06-007938, we get credit for purchases and earn a small commission. That helps support our mission of accelerating worldwide adoption of a plant-based, whole food-focused diet, and is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Most popular recommendations
Vitamix: My Vitamix blender is my #1 recommended health and wellness tool. Why? It makes silky smooth smoothies. It makes cold food hot. And, it cleans itself. I use mine EVERY SINGLE DAY to make complete meals in seconds. No, they’re not cheap. But there’s really nothing like ’em.
Click here to see what I mean.
Bluehost: Getting myself a domain was the first thing I did when starting this site. Why? The longer a domain (yourcleversite.com) has been “alive”, the better it gets ranked by Google. Bluehost makes it super easy to lock in a domain name for free.
Click here to see if your domain is still available.
- Vitamix: They are the Cadillac of blender companies. I have a Professional Series 750 and use it daily. (See my index of Vitamix guides)
- Blendtec: They are the Mercedes of blender companies. The Designer Series model is only available online. (Get best price plus $25 off shipping here)
If you are thinking of getting a juicer, read this:
- Vega protein:These plant-based protein powders are terrific. They’re the ONLY powdered protein I’ll put into my body. Free shipping on orders over $100.
- Egg Whites International: While I usually get cartons from Trader Joe’s, I’ve order egg whites from these guys. Delivery service is great, and if you don’t need organic, these are great.
- The China Study: This book summarizes the mind-blowing findings from the 10-year, Oxford-backed, study on the connection between nutrition and heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. I’m not a vegan as a result of reading, but it immediately changed my life forever.
- Wheat Belly: I thought this book was boring, but absolutely worth reading if you need inspiration to eat less bread.
- Switch: This book is the #1 reason for my success. So, so good.
Blogging for beginners
- Bluehost: Easiest, most cost-effective and highly trusted way to start a website. Three clicks and you’re done.
- Ask LINY: Horse before the carriage. Get yourself a domain, first. The rest is easy and I’m happy to help.
- Dedicated hosting: While the first version of this site wasn’t on Bluehost, I wish it was. The other guy wasn’t able grow with me. Contact me if you want info on how to get a website that’s as fast as this one.
- Crazy egg: Heatmaps have helps me a ton to understand where “the action” is on this site. I started with a free trial and you can, too.
- Grammarly: This is the grammar and spell check that ACTUALLY knows English. All my posts (and important emails) go through Grammarly being sent into the universe. Highly recommended.