Here’s this month’s Vitamix Usage Report from the headquarters of Life is NOYOKE (this month: our Hawaii Airbnb!).
But first, let’s assess our Vitamix usage at a high level.
March 2017 Recap
Short and sweet. We:
- Made lots of blended goodies.
- Enjoyed every minute of our last month in glorious Honolulu. (Related: Our Hawaii recap vid.)
- Published our Amazon Kindle ebook, “The Perfect Mix: How to Use a Vitamix to Ease into a Plant-Based Diet (that sticks)” (see all regional download links).
And at the very end, we packed up and moved back to our apartment in (gray, cool, and rainy) Chicago. Wow, I miss March.
But as I said, we made some awesome stuff listed below.
P.S. I realize this is a pretty wimpy recap. We committed to publishing these monthly reports and wanted to keep that promise. Ideally, next month’s has a bit more (vegan) “meat.”
Thanks for reading!
All of the following were made in our Vitamix, an A3500 (as pictured above).
Note 1: Obviously, our lifestyle is extremely conducive to heavy use. Work from home, make a living as Vitamix affiliates. But full transparency is the goal here. What do we actually do with our Vitamix?
Note 2: I realize some of these items have an ordered list that begins with “1” but stops there. No “2” or “3” or so on. Well, until I figure out a better way to deliver this information, we’re just going to have to live with ordered lists that end at 1. And yes, I tried unordered list format (bullet points), but that makes it more difficult to tally everything up and a single bullet point is almost just as bad a single item in an ordered list. Okay, moving on.
Summary: 45 Runs
(Note: We do our best to write down our Vitamix usage. But, we are still working on a reliable recording system. We still forget to do it often. Hence, there are definitely some omissions.)
Vitamix runs: 18
Total Vitamix runs (including self-cleaning): 36
Details: All the things we made
- 3/1/17 (updating the recipe and pics from the original)
Edamame hummus »» — omg, we used our last two cloves of garlic for farewell dinner with landlords.
- 3/28/17 – for farewell dinner with neighbors (we like dips)
- 3/26/17 – after massive hike koko head crater
- 3/2/17 (guys, this was so good)
- 3/17 (with my Mom!)
- 3/3 (for Mom, silly gecko vid)
Must go green smoothie
- 3/26/17 (Before climbing koko head crater. )
PB banana smoothie — banana, squash, ice, almond milk, date, almonds, PB, vega for me (not her).
Sunflower seed butter
- 3/10 — a total disaster that we could not publish. 🙂
We are both introverts. Working and thinking alone is ideal for us.
But you know what?
Some of the best memories from the last month were with others.
- Outings with friends.
- Hanging out with our Airbnb hosts.
So get out.
It’ll be the highlight of your month.
That concludes our Vitamix usage report for March 2017. Hopefully you’re inspired to try some of the things we made.
We loved making them and hopefully you will, too.
Thanks for reading,
Shalva and Lenny