These muffins are like breakfast casserole. This healthy recipe is helping people save time, stay energized and aide weight loss. Best breakfast idea in centuries. Pop one in your bag before work and microwave when you arrive. Watch out for the guy near the office kitchen. When he gets a whiff, watch out. He's gonna ask.
- apple slicer
- muffin tin
- giant bowl
- white quinoa - 1 lb (a whole bag)
- liquid pasteurized egg whites - 1 1/2 C
- golden raisins - 1 C
- stevia - a bunch (six packets or so)
- flaxseed - 1/4 C
- maple syrup - 1/2 C
- honey - 1/4 C
- apples - 2 whole
- almond milk - 3/4 C (vanilla is best)
- raw sliced almonds - 1 C
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 C
- cinnamon - 1 T
- Slice apples and remove core.
- Chop apples into small pieces (easiest in a blender at low speed).
- Prep muffin tin with extra virgin olive oil (spray is good too) so it’s non stick.
- Pour one tablespoon (about) of liquid pasteurized egg whites in each muffin spot. Just a little bit, maybe 1/8 of an inch in each one. This will spread out and serve as a edible muffin papers. Cool, huh?
- Cook the quinoa.
- Mix rest of ingredients in a giant bowl.
- With a spoon, add the quinoa mixture to the muffin spots. Make them heaping (because they won’t rise much).
- If a little of the liquid pasteurized egg whites spill out the sides that’s okay. Actually a good thing. It means they’ll hold together nicely and be easy to remove from the tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool a little bit when done–easier to remove from tin.
- Use a fork or knife to gently carve them out of the muffin tins.
- Enjoy one now. Wrap the rest in tin foil for later.
Great reheated in the microwave for 1 minute.