Homemade dressings take a few minutes to make. No doubt.
But they make basic salads extraordinary.
This apricot poppy seed vinaigrette (one of my wonderful Vitamix recipes) is no exception. So, so good.
This dressing is versatile, too
The day we made this, I was lucky enough to try it on two different salads.
- Light, fruity, springtime salad (pictured).
- Less light, vegetable-laden dinner salad.
The first salad looked and tasted like something you’d get at a wedding. (Perhaps, ours, if we’re so lucky.)
The second, simply, was the best salad I’ve ever had. Kale, spinach, cabbage, pistachios, chickpeas, giant asparagus, radishes and shallots.
I need not say more. Go make this apricot poppy seed vinaigrette today!
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Dinner at the Zoo: Blackberry Apricot Salad
Apricot poppy seed vinaigrette
- apricot - 2 large or 4 small pitted
- olive oil - 4 Tbsp.
- red wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp.
- honey (or agave if vegan) - 2 Tbsp.
- salt & pepper - to taste
- poppyseeds - 3 tsp.
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container except the poppyseeds
- Blend for 30-45 seconds
- Stir in poppyseeds
- Pour on delicious salad
Useful tips for Apricot poppy seed vinaigrette
Fresh apricots are the secret to the dressing recipe. Put in the few minutes because it's worth it.
We used our 32 ounce Vitamix container -- perfect size for this little batch of dressing. (Your Vitamix container questions answered here.)
Post a Comment