Think I can Make a Sorbet?
We had a lime and the right frozen fruit so I thought I’d give it a try.
“Hey, Baby, I feel like dessert. How about a berry lime sorbet?”
And that’s how it started.
Our love affair with THIS dessert. Berry Lime Sorbet.
“Wow, this is really, really tasty. Probably the best thing you’ve ever made with the Vitamix.”
So easy, so fresh, so good. No added sugar — just fruit.
The perfect ending to any homemade (or not!) meal.
Useful tips for Berry Lime Sorbet
Instead of “juicing” the lime by hand, you can just throw the whole thing in. Just be sure it’s in small enough pieces to it gets distributed evenly.
Delicious, nutritious frozen dessert made in your Vitamix.
- frozen strawberries - 1 1/2 cups
- frozen raspberries - 1 1/2 cups
- almond milk - 3/4 cup
- lime juice - from 1/2 a lime
- sweetener - I used a packet of stevia, but honey, or agave or dates will do
- Add ingredients into your Vitamix.
- Secure the lid.
- Remove the lid plug.
- Insert the tamper.
- Start on Variable Speed 1, ramp up to Variable Speed 10, then High.
- Use the tamper to push ingredients from sides of container walls down into the blades.
- After about 45 seconds, ramp down to Variable Speed 10 then Variable Speed 1.
- Be happy.
- This recipe is for Vitamix 5200 models and may need to be adjusted for other models.
- Serve immediately or, if you want, pre-scoop the servings and place in the freezer. Just remove a few minutes before serving to get the right, spoonable consistency.