Homemade vinaigrette with chia seeds easily emulsified in your Vitamix
What can I say? This chia seed dressing is really easy to make and goes really nicely on a simple salad.
You should make it!
A nice little homemade dressing you should try
Wish there was more of a story to this recipe.
Made it years ago.
Changed it this week to make it vegan.
Go make it. It’s delicious.
Uses the standard vinaigrette formula: three parts oil, one part vinegar. You can whip it up by hand or for the full emulsification experience, throw it in your blender for 30 seconds.
Go make it now. You know chia seeds are good for you. 🙂
Sweet and refreshing, similar to poppy seed dressing.
- onion - small slice
- olive oil - 3/4 cup
- red wine vinegar - 1/4 cup
- date (pitted) - 1 whole
- mustard seed - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- chia seeds - 2 Tbsp.
- Add ingredients in container except for the chia seeds
- Start on variable speed 1 and increase to 10
- Blend on high for one minute
- Stir in the chia seeds by hand
- Pour on giant fresh salad
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE