We used our Vitamix to make these granola bars even more minimalist
Normally, we find inspiration and create our own recipes.
But this week, we made some awesome no-bake granola bars using The Minimalist Baker’s recipe. They’re called Super Seedy Granola Bars and they were delicious.
But they’re more than a great thing to make in your Vitamix. These granola bars’ existence on this site comes with a good story.
Challenge accepted: Val emailed asking for these bars
So Shalva’s girlfriend, Val, sent her the best email the other day.
It was so good, it inspired us to make a video in response.
Watch the video
Look at all of the amazing textures in this bar!
Now go make them!
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Minimalist Baker: Super Seedy Granola Bars
Useful tips for Minimalist Baker’s Super Seedy Granola Bars
If you’re into making your own snacks, definitely check out a NOYOKE original recipe, Homemade Granola Bars.
Beyond the dates and oats, none of these ingredients are vital. You can make tons of substitutions and they will still be delicious. Any nut butter, any sticky binder, any nut, any seed, any little bite of something sweet.
Invest in or register for a good knife, (thanks Sugarmans!) Beyond making these bars super easy to cut, it has made kitchen prep a breeze. We didn't know what we were missing.
You'll want to eat the whole tray, but if there's any left, wrap them in wax paper and keep them in the fridge for up to one week.
If you're using anything other than the 32 oz. container, you'll have to double the recipe.
Filling, hearty, and delicious granola bars.
- peanut butter - 1/4 cup
- maple syrup - 1/4 cup
- pitted dates - 1 cup (tightly packed)
- sunflower seeds - 2 Tbsp.
- chia seeds - 2 Tbsp.
- flax seeds - 2 Tbsp.
- pumpkin seeds - 2 Tbsp.
- dried cherries - 4 Tbsp.
- raw almonds - 1/2 cup
- rolled oats - 1 1/2 cups
- Roast the oats, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds (350 degrees for 15 min)
- Blend the peanut butter and maple syrup on high for 30 seconds
- Add the dates and blend on high until broken down
- Use the tamper to push the ingredients from the corners into the blade
- Add all of the seeds and cherries, turn your Vitamix to high and pulse 6-8 times
- Add the oats and almonds, pulse on high 6-8 times
- Scoop mixture into an 8×8 pan
- Push sides making it even (using your hands or a spatula)
- Flatten the bars by pushing a flat heavy object down evenly across the pan
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
- Cut into 8-10 bars using a sharp knife or pizza cutter
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
- Wrap any leftovers in wax paper, eat within the week