Try these muffins: A healthy & filling breakfast you can batch
These sweet potato muffins are an easy fix to a few questions.
- What should I have for breakfast?
- How can I stay full for a long time?
- What’s a healthy alternative to breakfast pastries?
Well these muffins are what you should have, and if you make a big batch, you can have them all week! They are hearty and will keep you full for hours. Plus, the ingredients are healthy and nutritious.
So what’s stopping ya? Make yourself a week’s worth of healthy-filling-nutritious sweet potato muffins today!
A healthy alternative to the bakery case
I get it, you’re in a hurry.
You didn’t even have time to make a pot of coffee this morning.
You stop to get your caffeine fix and you realize you also neglected to grab something for breakfast.
Something in the bakery case will do, right?
I’ve had this battle in my head a hundred times:
- “Okay, which pastry has the least amount of frosting?”
- “Hmm, this one says fat-free”
- “Would a scone or a muffin be better for me?”
- “Screw it, can I please have this glazed donut… it’s a cheat day.”
Granted, I work from home now. But nothing makes me feel more prepared than meal-planning and batching my recipes. There is no better way to stick with your healthy-eating goals.
So I’m always thinking of ideas for quick grab-and-go breakfasts and snacks.
These sweet potato muffins are absolutely perfect for both.
These muffins are packed full of nutritious ingredients that are hearty and flavorful. One will tide you over a couple of hours, two will absolutely get you to lunch.
I also threw a couple in my gym bag the other day and had an awesome (and dense) post-workout snack.
You’ll love these for a lot of reasons, they are:
And I’m gonna say it despite despising the word: These muffins are moist!
Bonus: they don’t sound that appetizing, so you don’t have to share.
Make yourself a batch this weekend. You’ll high-five yourself every morning this week for starting off on the right foot!
A nutritious breakfast that will keep you full
- applesauce - 1/2 cup (127 g)
- flax eggs - 3
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp. (5 g)
- sweet potato (cubed & roasted) - 1 cup (133 g)
- carrot (shredded) - 1/2 cup (60 g)
- dates (pitted) - 4 whole
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp. (1 g)
- cinnamon - 2 tsp. (5.2 g)
- rolled oats - 1 cup (80 g)
- almond flour - 1/2 cup (50 g)
- baking powder - 1 tsp. (4 g)
- salt - 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g)
- STIR IN
- apples (chopped) - 1/2 cup (60 g)
- raisins - 1/2 cup (75 g)
- rolled oats - 1/2 cup (40 g)
- OPTIONAL TOPPING
- coconut oil - 1 Tbsp. (13 g)
- brown sugar - 2 Tbsp. (25 g)
- rolled oats - 1/4 cup (20 g)
- Cube and roast sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (may already be hot if you just did potatoes)
- Put liners in muffin tin
- Add all ingredients under “Blend” category above
- Blend on high for 60 seconds (using tamper if necessary)
- Take container off of the base
- Stir in apples, raisins and more oats by hand
- Pour from Vitamix container into lined muffin tins
- Mix melted coconut oil, brown sugar and (even more) oats
- Spoon a little on top of each muffin
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Check with a toothpick, should come out dry-ish, not goopy
- Let cool for 15 min before serving
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Sweet Potato Muffins
Optional: top with coconut oil, brown sugar, and oats. Gives them a crispy exterior and a hint of sweetness.
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes us hundreds of hours every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our referral links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.