A creamy delicious, autumn soup recipe for your Vitamix (with a kick)!
This pumpkin soup is no ordinary meal.
It’s packs a major flavor punch.
And, beyond having to roast a pumpkin, it’s really easy to make!
Try this unique spin on pumpkin soup that will leave you saying “wow”.
Pumpkin Schmumpkin; this one's different
Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin. Tis the season.
Full disclosure: I don’t really like pumpkin.
I think it’s bland and pretty boring.
You’ve really gotta spice it up to win me over.
But we run a vegan Vitamix recipes blog and it would be pretty silly to not have a pumpkin soup recipe.
It would also be really silly to recommend boring and bland soup.
So I made something we all can appreciate: This Thai Pumpkin Soup!
I roasted up a pumpkin. That’s the hard part.
Then added coconut, lime, turmeric, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Now we’ve got a soup!
This dish is anything but boring. It’s incredibly flavorful, rich, and hits you with a little kick.
It is not what I think of when someone says “pumpkin soup” and that’s why I love it.
Make a batch of this Thai Pumpkin Soup for all the people in your life who are indifferent to pumpkin. You may change their minds and convert them from being autumn scrooges (like me). 🙂
Other Noteworthy Versions
- Homespun Capers: Turmeric Pumpkin Soup With Coconut And Lime
Easy and delicious, this Thai-style pumpkin soup is a winner!
- pumpkin (roasted and skinned) - 7.5 cups (1125 g)
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp.
- vegetable stock - 24 oz
- coconut milk (canned) - 4 Tbsp. (53 mL)
- onion (peeled) - sliver
- garlic (peeled) - 1 clove
- lime (peeled) - garnish sized piece
- ginger - 1.5 inch (6 g)
- turmeric - 1.5 inch (6 g)
- salt - 3/4 tsp.
- red pepper flakes - couple of shakes
- cilantro - a few sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (204 C)
- Slice your pumpkin in eighths
- Drizzle olive oil on flesh side
- Salt & pepper on top of oil
- Place flesh side down on cookie sheet (use parchment or silpat)
- Bake for 30-45 min (until tender with fork)
- Let cool
- Skin your pumpkin
- Add all ingredients including pumpkin to Vitamix container
- Blend on high for 6 minutes (or use “Soup” setting)
- If too thick, add more coconut milk
- If too thin, add more pumpkin
- Serve directly from container
- Garnish with cilantro, lime, and something crunchy
- Snap a pic and tag #lifeisNOYOKE
Useful tips for Thai Pumpkin Soup
Find a pumpkin that’s made for cooking. (Not carving!)
SUPPORT = 💚
Life is NOYOKE takes us hundreds of hours every month to create and maintain.
If you appreciate what we do, please consider supporting our work by using our referral links to make purchases. It’s free for you and every bit helps.