This Cuban bean soup is tasty and good looking!
The start-to-finish black bean soup is one of the Vitamix’s best tricks.
Because of the potatoes, it’s heartier. And because of the seasonings, it’s a bit more elevated.
It’s the Cuban Bean and Potato Soup from the Vitamix website without any modification except for salt, pepper and garnish.
We made it as part of a “3 Vitamix Soups video.” And while black bean soup wouldn’t be my first pick at a soup restaurant, this one is worthy of a dinner party.
It’s quick, it’s pretty easy, and paired with a plant-based sour cream, you can make it totally vegan.
This is a good one, guys. Give it a try!
We made this as part of a 3 Vitamix Soups Video beginning at 13:28
Related: Here are more of our best Vitamix soup recipes.
Cuban Bean and Potato Soup
A hearty, elevated soup that's great for the cold weather months.Black Beans, Potatoes,
- extra virgin olive oil - 1 T (optional)
- onion - 1/2 medium, peeled, chopped
- red bell pepper - 1/2 large, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- green bell pepper - 1/2 large, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- garlic - 3 small cloves, peeled
- white wine vinegar - 1 T
- cumin - 1 1/2 T
- dried bay leaf - 1
- dried oregano - 1/2 T
- salt - 1/2 t
- vegetable broth - 4 cups (960 ml)
- black beans - 3 1/2 cups, cooked, rinsed, drained,
- potatoes - 1 1/2 small (140 g), baked
- Heat oil (or water if you’re WFPB) over medium heat
- Add onions, peppers, and garlic
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Add vinegar to pan
- Add cumin, dried bay leaf, oregano, salt
- Cook for 1 minute to toast spices and coat vegetables with them
- Place broth, 3 cups black beans, and sautéed vegetable mixture into the blender container
- Put the top on
- Start on low speed and ramp up to highest speed
- Blend for 6 minutes
- Reduce speed to variable speed 7
- Remove lid plug
- Add 1 (100g) potato to the container through the lid plug
- Replace lid plug
- Blend for 15 seconds
- Garnish with black beans, small potato chunks, sour cream, and black pepper
Useful tips for Cuban Bean and Potato Soup
This is one of those recipes where you don’t need every ingredient. If you’re missing one or two, you should still make it (just like we did when we couldn’t find a green bell pepper!).
Post a Comment