Kickin’ Vodka Sauce with Vitamix
Ah, the day I taught myself how to make vodka sauce. Tutto Pasta on State Street in Madison. I was the worst server of all time. I only got good tips from bachelorette parties. Here’s the vodka sauce I came to know and lust. Except this one is 10x healthier.
My original version from college was Prego, Fleichman’s vodka and 1% milk. Yup. Filthy.
This vodka sauce is easier, healthier, and quicker than that drek. Real tomatoes, almond milk and my Vitamix. Boom.
It was dank. And I’ll make it again.
CTA: Make some vodka sauce in your Vitamix today. Then, pour it over some spaghetti squash spaghetti. Finally, be happy.
Useful Tips for Making Vodka Sauce
I measured exactly, but this is one of those recipes where you don’t need to be exact. My smoothies, however, are best if followed exactly.
Don’t wear white while pouring the tomatoes in your Vitamix.
Any tomato paste will do.
Crushed red peppers.
Right in there.
And of course, the vodka.
Pour the steaming hot vodka sauce right on top of your food. Don’t waste a bowl!
Yes, the Vitamix heats the sauce. The friction of the blades get it toasty hot.
Vodka sauce with a zing. Made hot and fresh in a Vitamix.
- tomato paste - 1 can
- peeled tomatoes - 28 oz (1lb)
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- almond milk - 1/4 cup
- vodka - 1/4 cup
- crushed red peppers - few shakes to taste
- salt - to taste (but it got really good as I kept adding more)
- sauteed onions - 1/2 an onion (I recently used onion powder and it was just great)
- sauteed garlic - a few cloves (I recently used garlic powder and it was just great)
- Throw the ingredients in your Vitamix.
- Blend on low. Quickly turn to high. Blend on high for 4 or 5 minutes.
- The friction of the Vitamix blades heat the sauce.
- Be happy.
Related to Vodka Sauce
LINY: How to make spaghetti squash spaghetti
LINY: Which Vitamix to Buy
LINY: Vitamix Promotion Code
Other Noteworthy Versions
Pioneer Woman: Ridiculously unhealthy, but delicious looking Vodka Sauce
Chef Inista: Vodka Sauce